Newly updated and condensed into a single pack, with one case allowing for a considerable price saving. These cards include all of those in our original three separate packs (Midwifery Pocket Reference Cards – Pack 1, Pack 2 and Pack 3).
A handy set of FIFTEEN double-sided quick reference cards for essential midwifery information relevant to practice. The cards cover:
- Midwifery Blood Sampling – bottle colours for typical midwifery related blood tests and the order of the draw (2 sides) – NHS 2020
- Maternal Observations – Temperature, Systolic and Diastolic BP, Pulse, Resps, AVPU and Urine Output – with boundaries for MEOWS charts – NHS 2020
- SBAR – typical information you might deliver in a handover report
- Type of Vertex Presentation – presentations found on examination
- Bishop’s Score – for progression in labour
- APGAR Score – assessment of the newborn on delivery
- Newborn Observations – Temperature, Heart Rate, Resps, Saturations and Colour, Behaviour – with boundaries for NEWTT charts – BAPM 2015
- Breastmilk Storage Guidance
- Artificial Feeding – Feeding Plans – calculating required feed volumes
- Blood Samples – which tests you would typically request for specific conditions / times during pregnancy (2 sides) – NHS 2020
- Venous ThromboEmbolism (VTE) Risk Factors (2 sides) – RCOG 2015
- DrCBRaVADO mnemonic card for CTG Interpretation
- Fetal Blood Sampling (FBS) pH and Lactate result bands – NICE 2020
- Dr TIMED mnemonic card for Medication Administration
- Common Medication Abbreviations prompt card
- Drug Dose Conversion prompt card
- Newborn Weight Gain / Loss Calculation prompt card
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus ~ Antenatal Screening and Diagnosis Blood Sugar Values (2 sides) – NICE, 2020
- Newborn Pre-ductal Saturation Values – Resuscitation Council UK Guidelines, 2021
- Cord Gas Values – Armstrong and Stenson, 2007
- Urinalysis Interpretation (3x double-sided cards) – Boyd, 2013
As you will not be able to fit all of these cards in a single belt-clip or lanyard holder, we have included a rigid plastic pocket case for safe storage of the other cards in your bag or pocket.
The cards are ID / business card size (85mm x 55mm) and gloss laminated for easy wipe cleaning.
Delivery is free within the UK (unless combined with other products where other shipping costs may apply).
PLEASE NOTE: These cards have been created based on RCOG, NICE, NHS Trust, British Association of Perinatal Medicine, Resuscitation Council UK Guidelines in the United Kingdom, as well as evidence from Boyd (2013) and Armstrong and Stenson (2007). Even within the UK, some NHS Trust Guidelines and blood sample bottle colours may differ. Please double-check your local guidelines before relying on the figures provided.
You can choose to include our lanyard card holder pack with extension reel for £4 – a saving of 99p. This includes 5x clear soft plastic card holders with a single extension reel.